|Total level||2232 (as of 1 August 2011)|
|Started playing||1 July 2004|
|Known for||His stats and rank in the hiscores|
N0valyfe, known outside RuneScape as Jordan, was the highest ranked player in the hiscores for a brief time. He started playing in 2004 when a friend introduced him to the game. Following the release of Construction in 2006, he attained rank one overall for a few brief periods, and he became the first player to obtain the former highest total level of 2178. He retired from the game in November 2006, shortly after he passed Zezima in overall experience. In 2010, N0valyfe temporarily returned due to the release of the free-to-play skill Dungeoneering.
Competition for rank one and retirementEdit
N0valyfe started playing RuneScape on 1 July 2004 when an online friend showed him the game, and N0valyfe became a member on 4 August 2004. He stated that his name should mean "nova" or "new", and "life", and he thought it would fit the online atmosphere. On 23 April 2005, around nine months after he first started playing, he achieved his first level 99 skill in Hitpoints (now known as Constitution).
N0valyfe was in a competition with Zezima for first place in the hiscores. In 2006, after the release of Construction, he became ranked one overall for a few brief periods. On 11 June 2006, after gaining 99 Construction, he became the first to attain the maximum total level of 2178. Soon after, on 22 June 2006, he obtained 200 million experience in his first skill, Cooking, and on 18 October 2006, he obtained 200 million Fletching experience. He quit playing regularly in November 2006, after he passed Zezima in overall experience, which was shortly before Hunter was released.
|“||Of all the former rank one champions in Runescape history, I must be the shortest lived, having graced the rank for less than three cumulative weeks. Whether I earned this spot or not isn't for me to answer. All I know is that my fight was not for ranks or fame. I wanted to prove to myself that it was not only possible to attain a perfect skill total, but that it could be done intelligently, efficiently, and elegantly. In short, my work here was finished months ago, but instead I chose to complete the 200M xp cooking and fletching goals. From here, I could've continued indefinitely--thieving would be next, then combat, then trade skills such as crafting, herblore, and smithing, followed by independent skills in fishing, woodcutting, and mining--but it won't end on my terms until I draw the line. Given a choice, I would rather retire here amidst sweet victory than forge onwards and let time and complacency draw the curtains.||”|
— N0valyfe discussing his retirement from the game
In 2010, N0valyfe returned because of the release of the free-to-play skill Dungeoneering. A few months later, he lost interest in Dungeoneering and stopped playing as often. In 2011, his account was hacked, and he lost a lot of his assets. As of 1 August 2011, he has an overall level of 2232 and 22 level 99 skills.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 N0valyfe. About. N0valyfe's Runescape Album. Archived from the original on 13 May 2011. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 N0valyfe Speaks!. Rune Tips (25 March 2006). Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 N0valyfe. Character Profile. N0valyfe's Runescape Album. Archived from the original on 7 August 2009. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- ↑ N0valyfe. Epilogue. N0valyfe's Runescape Album. Archived from the original on 13 August 2009. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- ↑ N0valyfe (14 April 2010). Dungeoneering. The Retired Adventurer. Archived from the original on 2 November 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- ↑ N0valyfe (21 June 2010). I'm hiding.. The Retired Adventurer. Archived from the original on 5 November 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- ↑ N0valyfe. The Retired Adventurer. The Retired Adventurer. Archived from the original on 19 September 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2013.